Piazza del Popolo Rome
|Credits: image by @kirkandmimi|
Piazza del Popolo is one of the most visited squares in Rome and the starting point to reach some of the main streets of Rome’s city center such as Via del Corso, Via del Babuino and Via di Ripetta. Surrounded by cafes, shops, restaurants and hotels, Piazza del Popolo is always alive and crowded with people. However, the history of this area was not always as bright as today.
|Opening Hours: Always Open 24/7|
|Best Time To Visit: 8.30am or 6.00pm|
|Tickets: Not Needed|
How to Visit
1PLAN YOUR VISIT IN ADVANCE
– Add this attraction to your Travel List;
2CHECK IN ADVANCE THE BEST TIME VISIT
– Springtime and Summertime: 8.30am or 6.00pm;
– Fall and Wintertime: from 10.30am to 4.30pm;
3WEAR COMFORTABLE FOOTWEAR
– Summertime: sneakers, sun cream and a hat;
– Wintertime: sneakers, umbrella and raincoat
Always open, 24/7
No tickets needed
Wheelchair Accessibility Service:
This site is accessible to people with disabilities and walking difficulties.
How to Reach
1FROM THE CITY CENTER TO PIAZZA DEL POPOLO
Metro Station Flaminio:
2FROM FIUMICINO AIRPORT TO PIAZZA DEL POPOLO
– From Leonardo da Vinci International Airport (Fiumicino Airport) take the Leonardo Express Train to Termini Station;
– Next, at Termini take the Metro (Orange Line) (direction Laurentina). Get down at the 4th stop Flaminio.
Piazza del Colosseo, 1, 00184 Rome, Italy
Get directions from Google Maps
Piazza del Popolo
Piazza del Popolo Facts & Legends
Piazza del Popolo lies inside the northern gate of the Aurelian Walls, Porta del Popolo, the starting point of Via Flaminia, which was the most important road connecting Rome to Northern Italy.
Notwithstanding its popularity, just a few among visitors as well as locals know the real origin of Piazza del Popolo. Read More…
Piazza del Popolo FAQ
Are you wondering something about this landmark in Rome? Go to our Q&A section and post your question. It will be answered by an official Rome tour guide!